Compiling gideon...

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 6 11:12:52 UTC 2001

On Wed, 06 Jun 2001, Bernd Gehrmann wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, W. Tasin wrote:
>
> > Hi together,
> >
> > I wanted to try out the actual gideon cvs, but I get compiling errors
> > because
> > the package org.kde.qt doesn't exist...
> >
> > Where can I find it? (or how will it be created?)
>
> kdebindings, I think. Maybe this should also be checked by
> configure...
You need to check out/build/install the current versions of kdebindings/qtjava
and kdebindings/kdejava. I've just fixed some compile problems against the
kdelibs in HEAD, and it should still compile against kdelibs in KDE 2.2 Alpha
2. You need to set your class path to something like:

".:/opt/kde2/lib/java/qtjava.jar:/opt/kde2/lib/java/koala.jar"

The libraries 'libqtjava.so' and 'libkdejava.so' are also installed.

And you need library path set up with something like this little lot to pick up
Java libs from 3 different directories where they are 'installed':

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/kde/lib:/opt/kde2/lib:
/usr/local/jdk1.2.2/jre/lib/ppc:
/usr/local/jdk1.2.2/jre/lib/ppc/classic:/
usr/local/jdk1.2.2/jre/lib/ppc/native_threads

I agree the configure should check for these resources, and the default
configure option should probably be changed to not build java parts.

> Or you can use --without-java and not compile the java part.
Yes, I don't want to inconvenience anyone who is interested in gideon for
non-Java development...

-- Richard

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«