KDevelop-2.0 announce via KDE-2.2 announce

Andreas Pour pour at mieterra.com
Tue Jul 31 22:00:03 UTC 2001

"F at lk Brettschneider" wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> The KDevelop part in the announcement of KDE-2.2beta1 was quite
> uncomplete. Is it possible that you use this web page as a draft for the
> 2.2final announce?:
>    http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=changelog-2.0beta1.html
> Additionally, please, add also "debugging of Qt-3.0 strings supported
> now".

Hi,

Due to the fact that major releases are targetted at a different
audience then alpha/beta releases, we don't include changelogs in them
(in fact the BusinessWire release is limited to 500-600 words total, and
most of this will be quotes from industry leaders supporting KDE).
Instead, we will summarize in one paragraph the 2-3 biggest things that
have happened in KDE since the last stable release, and link to the 2.2
changelog.  That is located at
http://www.kde.org/announcements/changelog2_1to2_2.html.  I think it
would be best if someone with write access to that page either replaced
the current KDevelop section with the data on the page above (which
looks more complete), or with a link to KDevelop's changelog.

If you could send me what you consider to be the 2-3 most exciting
changes to KDevelop, I will do my best to have one of the mentioned
changes be one of them.

Ciao,

Dre

-