Plugin Arch. for KDevelope 2.0

Ian Reinhart Geiser geiseri at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 31 13:45:34 UTC 2001

> In practice, I can't see closed source KDevelop plugins doing very well
> because developers like to have source they can change. A closed source
> company would be at risk from someone hacking together an open source
> replacement, and losing them all their market share overnight. Also I use a
> PowerPC machine, and I bet they wouldn't run on that, or any unusual
> architecture.
<rant>
your telling me!
i am on a ppc too, and it is VERY annoying not to have some of the closed
source linux tools here.  I know from experiance with Loki that most PPC
linux games are a rebuild with minor patching for missing OpenGL libs...

There is no good reason why a intel based application could not be rebuilt on
a PPC but companies just dont seem to want to.  Even  Java in its mission to
be cross platform has problems...

Oh well
</rant>
-ian reinhart geiser