2.0 has been finished >>>NOW<<< !

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Mon Jul 30 18:03:03 UTC 2001

On Monday, 30. July 2001 19:01, you wrote:
> Am Montag, 30. Juli 2001 14:35 schrieben Sie:
> > Hi,
> > But IMO we should announce it on kdevelop* as well because sometimes
> > people aren't subscribed to KDE announce mailing-lists or they don't
> > look at www.kde.org but they are subscribed to one of the kdevelop
> > mailing-lists.
>
> Yes, I think we should also announce it on kdevelop.org and the
> mailinglist. KDevelop 2.0 is a major update, so I think we should annouce
> it
> everywhere.(freshmeat,linuxapps...).
> I know the KDevelop 2.0 version will be released together with KDE, but in
> my opinion the next versions (KDevelop 2.1 and KDevelop3.0 (techology
> preview) ) will be released seperatly so we can practise it now. :-)
hehe :) Well, KDevelop 2.1 can be released with KDE 2.2.1 if there is enough
time, otherwise we'll call it 2.0.1. I meant that the KDE 2.2 release
announcement should be sent on the kdevelop-announce list. But we can write a
seperate one as well, just I don't have that time now to do this. If someone
would provide me a rudimentary document in the style of the KDE announcements
that we could give Andreas Pour to polish it a bit we could publish that.

Ralf