KDevelop: tip of day translations

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sat Jul 28 21:10:09 UTC 2001

On Saturday, 28. July 2001 11:07, you wrote:

Hi Thomas,

> Hi,
>
> In former discussions on KDevelop translations for the 2.2 release
> I was told the "Tip of the Day" stuff  was for Gideon and should not be
> translated. Now I compiled KDevelop as well as the translations and
>
> 1) The tips _do_ appear in the branched version
Yes, because we made use of the new ktip class in kdelibs with the old tips
moved into an xml file like korganizer has. This is not the same as the pot
file for the gideon tip of the day you have; the ktip in kdevelop 2.0 strings
are supposed to go to the kdevelop.pot file like korganizer's go into the
korganizer.pot file
> 2) Even if translated they still show up in English
Hmm...AFAIK we're just using library functions. Do you know from the
translators that the strings of the tips in the KDEVELOP_1_4 branch, which is
/kde-i18n/templates/kdesdk/kdevelop.pot, are in *that* pot file or do you
mean the gideon tanslated strings ?

Ralf

> Could anybody from the KDevelop team please look into this ASAP?
>
> Regards,
>
> Thomas

Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«