KDevelop crash in KWriteDoc

Kurre Ståhlberg kurre.stahlberg at reach-u.com
Tue Jul 24 19:13:52 UTC 2001

On Monday 23 July 2001 16:24, you wrote:
> On Thursday 19 July 2001 11:55, you wrote:
> > I've been having problems using KDevelop for a couple of days now. It
> > crashes with the following backtrace:
>
> [...]
>
> After some looking into the code, it looks like the tabWidth variable is 0
> when entering the lines
>
> 2226    if (ch == '\t') {
> 2227	x += tabWidth - (x % tabWidth);
> 2228    } else {
> 2229      a = &attribs[textLine->getAttr(z)];
> 2230      x += a->fm.width(ch);//a->width(ch);
> 2231    }
>
> in kwdoc.cpp, in method KWriteDoc::paintTextLine (lines 2226-2231). I added
> a kdDebug() << x << tabWidth << "\n" call just to see for sure and indeed
> it was 0.
>
> obviously this crashes when ch=='\t' and tabWidth==0. I have absolutely no
> idea why tabWidth is 0, since I had it set to 2, changed it to 8 and
> clicked ok, exited KDevelop, restarted it, checked that it was still 8,
> tried again and boom.

Hi, it's me again.. :)

This time good news. My problem is solved, and it took this long because I
wasn't smart enough to look from the right place. The KWrite setting for font
was somehow set to invalid, which caused KWrite to have no font, get invalid
values everywhere and crash all the time. I set the font to a correct one and
everything works again.

I suggest you add somekind of check for the font, since I did not modify any
files by hand and did not do anything else like that before this problem
appeared, so I think someone else might be getting this problem also in the
future.

But anyway, thanks for the great IDE and so on.. :)

--
Kurre

-