.toc redesign

Thomas Fromm 520060253697-0001 at t-online.de
Thu Jul 19 18:46:26 UTC 2001

hi,

ive talked with sandy this lunch about documentation in general,
projectdokumentation and codecompletion.
maybe it would be useful to merge all these different types of
documentation/help inside kdevelop.

ok here is what i think about the structure in xml and later i will you tell
the advantages:

<!DOCTYPE idetoc>
<idetoc>
	<title>PHP</title>
	<basehref></basehref>
	<modul name="" url="">
		<variable name="foo" type="int" doc="thats a variable"
                         url="variable.foo.html" />
		<function name="bar" doc="blah" url="function.bar.html" type="int"
                         access="privat">
		               <param name="" type="" default=""/>
	             </function>
		<class name="" doc="" access="" url="">
			<member name="" type="" default="" access=""/>
			<function name="" doc="" url="" type="" access="">
				<param name="" type="" default=""/>
			</function>
		</class>
	</modul>
</idetoc>

some short sentences:
<modul> could be used for different chapters, for general informations and
also for (like in PHP) extensions. in perl that could be cpan modules or
whatever. with the list of every modul, we are able to create an select box
to allow the use to disable docs or codecompletion for not needed parts
(e.g. not installed/used extensions)

ok, advantages for the dokumentation tree:

- more informations about single elements could make bubblehelp and
	different icons on the tree etc. possible
- it supports different elements, we thought that supporting global
variables, functions and classes would be enough for the beginning
at this point we are coming to the project dokumentation format itself
could be also delivered in this way (maybe some additional tags for details)
is kdoc able to create such stuff?

and the advatages for the code completion:
- list of functions, variables and so on availiable with parameters and
return values
- also availiable short documentation for bubble help
- with that information we can directly jump (with f1 or similar) from the
source to the documentation not only for the static language doc, also for
the projectdoc

and sideeffekt:
- maybe we can design this for general usage, i will put this format inside
the makefile for the daily generated php project dokumentation and every IDE
for php (windows or whereever can use this format to determine functions and
so on)

ok, now i need a feedback and suggestions :-)

regards,
tf

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«