Database

Harald Fernengel harry at bnro.de
Tue Jul 17 11:11:40 UTC 2001

Hi,

remember that the SQL module is actually a version 1 and will still improve.
Besides, KDE will AFAIK use its own wrappers around the Qt database stuff and
until then we shouldn't take actions to get database support into KDevelop.

I'm also checking out whether we can get a visual database designing and
query tool as kpart for Gideon, this would simplify database development a
lot...

Harry

> Hi,
>
> > Qt 3 has platform independent database support, so please be patient
> > until KDE 3.x or until someone backports the SQL module to Qt 2.x.
>
> At a first glance and playing a littlebit around with QT 3's database
> objects/widgets. I have to say that the components Borland used (uses?) in
> Delphi or C++-Builder where quite more flexible and generic. But as I said
> I hadn't time to really look deep into it, so maybe I'm wrong
>
> Kind regards
> Joseph Wenninger
>
> -
> kdevelop-devel-request at kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe