Latest sourceinfo changes

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 12 19:55:57 UTC 2001

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, you wrote:
> Currently I get a myriad of precondition violations
> in ParsedAttribute::setType(). Has something gone wrong
> with the latest changes there?
This is a result of the change I made to only access the 'type' instance
variable via set and get methods (and it is now called '_type'). Before the code
was changing the value of the 'type' instance variable by assigning to it
directly and bypassing any assertions. Now it has to go via setType() where
the precondition fails if a null value is passed.

I had the same problem in the java parser, but didn't see any similar warnings
for the C++ parser though. It happened with array types like 'String[] foobar'
- is that when C++ gives precondition failed messages? A check like this was
needed in the method JavaClassParser::fillInParsedVariableHead(), for instance:

  if (!addDecl.isEmpty()) {
    anAttr->setType(addDecl);
  }

-- Richard