unable to parse a file

jbb jbb at kdevelop.org
Mon Jul 9 08:39:51 UTC 2001

On Sun, 08 Jul 2001 23:59, you wrote:
> (current CVS kdebase/kdeprint/descriptions/printer.cpp)
>
> --- cut here ---
> // /usr/share/cups/model/cb_fax.ppd
> i18n("Media Size");
> i18n("Letter");
> i18n("Legal");
> i18n("A4");
> i18n("PageRegion");
> --- cut here ---
>
> the problem is that this file isn't parseable... in fact Makefile.am for
> this are:
>
> (alpha) ~/WorkSpace/kdebase/kdeprint/descriptions$ cat Makefile.am
>
> printers.cpp:
>         : > printers.cpp
>
>         for i in `find /usr/share/cups/model -type f`; do echo "// $$i" >>
> printers.cpp; perl ./readppd < $$i >> printers.cpp; done
>         iconv -flatin1 -tutf-8 printers.cpp > printers.new && mv
> printers.new printers.cpp
>
> ...so it is a metacppfile;
> the problem is that I am unable to generate and open the KDevelop Project
> for KDE Base source tree.
>

> Possible solutions:
> - check where the lexer enter Infinite LOOPING and insert a safe "parse
> skipping"
> - check for customized Makefile.am wrapped routines, like in this case
> "printers.cpp:"
>
> In any case, current KDevelop generated Project from auto{make,conf}
> structured source trees is not yet compilable, so may be, for now,
> plausible to disable totally the parsing for files (in automake.am) for
> that a redefined custom rules are defined.

Are you sure this file is hanging kdevelop? It is a very very big file and
takes a long time to parse but it does work on my machine. The file is over
65 thousand lines long (but less than the magic number 65536). How big is the
file on your machine?

Also do you really want to generate a project for the _whole_ of kdebase?
It's better to pick the program you want to work on and generate just for
that. Then set the binary file and libtool in Project->Options->Binary. You
do need to configure kdebase from the command line but that's a small price
to pay for a managable sized project.

jbb

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«