apply patch

Lorenzo Delana ldelana at libero.it
Mon Jul 9 00:42:07 UTC 2001

> QString type=getProjectType();
> if( (type == "kio_slave") )
>   stream << "kde_module_LTLIBRARIES = kio_" << libRootName << ".la\n\n";
>     else if( (type == "kc_module") )
>   stream << "kde_module_LTLIBRARIES = libkcm_" << libRootName << ".la\n\n";
>     else
>   stream << "lib_LTLIBRARIES = lib" << libRootName << ".la\n\n";
>
>   // canonicalize libRootName <------- file:cproject.cpp 894
>   libRootName = canonicalDirName(libRootName);
>
> Clearly, after [// canonicalize libRootName row] libRootName is
> canonicalized, and developers may consider this comment.
>
> In next message the patch including your observation.

to conserve developers layout and mean of libRootName that is essentially a
filename, I deprecated updating libRootName, instead I use the call
canonicalizeDirName(libRootName) where necessary, that are after cproject.cpp
line 894.

Patch file:	kdevelop_automake_dirvarname_20010709.patch
Affected files:	kdevelop/kdevelop/cproject.{h,cpp}
CVS Sync:	Sun Jul  8 19:46:51 2001
Branch:		KDEVELOP_1_4
Generated by:	Lorenzo Delana <ldelana at libero.it>
Generated with:	diff -u --new-file <cvs_file> <patched_file>
Short Descr.:	apply nameing convention for automake directory variables
(shared lib section too)
Long Descr.:	Following changes:
	* canonicalDirName --renamed--> canonicalizeDirName
	* shared lib section now support canonical directory name
Backward Compatibility:	all (y have to touch bugged Makefile.am to let
KDevelop recreate it)
Test rule:	create a project, add a folder with name "test-one.org" and create
into it a class "test", then try....static and shared lib.

to apply this patch, from outside source tree of kdevelop:

        patch -p0 < kdevelop_automake_dirvarname_20010709.patch

bye
Lore