apply patch

Lorenzo Delana ldelana at libero.it
Sun Jul 8 17:16:55 UTC 2001

On Sunday 08 July 2001 18:33, you wrote:
> Lorenzo Delana wrote:
> > Automake.am issue: canonical directory variable name.
> >
> > Ralf, can y apply the patch that I have made times ago... the reference
> > remains the message archived:
> >
> > http://lists.kde.org/?l=kdevelop-devel&m=99364887510778&w=2
>
> Please, send a new patch as diff to the _current_ CVS version. Your old
> one failed:
>
> patching file kdevelop/cproject.cpp
> patch: **** malformed patch at line 27: ||QFileInfo(getProjectDir() +
> "admin/am_edit").exists()) -            stream << "lib" \

Patch file:	kdevelop_automake_dirvarname_20010708.patch
Affected files:	kdevelop/kdevelop/cproject.{h,cpp}
CVS Sync:	Sun Jul  8 19:00:16 2001 <============= (new patch)
Branch:		KDEVELOP_1_4
Generated by:	Lorenzo Delana <ldelana at libero.it>
Generated with:	diff -u --new-file <cvs_file> <patched_file>
Short Descr.:	apply nameing convention for automake directory variables
Long Descr.:	(from automake manual)
/** How derived variables are named (...from GNU automake manual)
         * Sometimes a Makefile variable name is derived from some text the
user
         * supplies. For instance program names are rewritten into Makefile
macro
         * names. Automake canonicalizes this text, so that it does not have
         * follow Makefile variable naming rules. All characters in the name
except
         * for letters, numbers, and the underscore are turned into
underscores when
         * making macro references. E.g., if your program is named
sniff-glue, the
         * derived variable name would be sniff_glue_SOURCES, not
sniff-glue_SOURCES. */
Backward Compatibility: all (y have to touch bugged Makefile.am to let
KDevelop recreate it)
Test rule:	create a project, add a folder with name "test-one.org" and create
into it a class "test", then try....

to apply this patch, from outside source tree of kdevelop:

        patch -p0 < automake_dir_var_name.patch

Note: CVS Sync in the report, refers to my CVS snapshot that I have used to
make the patch.

bye
Lore