KDEVELOP_1_4: fix for a crash and kdevprj

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Wed Jul 4 22:14:35 UTC 2001

On Wed, 4 Jul 2001, F at lk Brettschneider wrote:
> I must very much agree to Roland (rokrau), KDevelop needs an abstract
> project management independent of them all. Restricting to only using
> autoconf/automake would mean a big step backwards. Please, don't drop
> this advantage of KDevelop <= version 2.0 compared to other C++ IDEs!
> Always remember, there's also a world outside of KDE. ;)

Different people, different needs. That's why in the HEAD branch, the
project management is provided by plugins. I have just hacked together
a trollproject part which parses tmake/qmake project files. It's readonly,
does nothing interesting and sucks in several respects (e.g. it doesn't
support the line continuation syntax used in Qt itself, although this
code is directly taken from designer ;-), but it gives an impression how
easily different backends can be supported.

Bernd.

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«