KDevelop-2.0beta1 - Changes announcement

Linux Groupie linuxgroupie at ivanhawkes.com
Tue Jul 3 21:25:47 UTC 2001

> --- "F at lk Brettschneider" <gigafalk at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I wrote a short file that we can use for the announcement. Please,
> > tell
> > me your opinion.
> > If noone complains, Ralf, please, can you use it for the
> > announcement?!
> >
> > Cheers,
> > F at lk> Changes since KDevelop-1.4.1
> > ----------------------------
> >
> > 1.) user interface rewritten, it's MDI now based on Qt/KDE extension
> > library QextMDI-2.0.
> >     3 modes are available: Childframe mode, Tabpage mode, Toplevel
> > mode
> > 2.) project session handling supported (.kdevses file)
> > 3.) uses print system of KDE-2.2
> > 4.) rewritten setup wizard
> > 5.) added ctags-based search database enables:
> >     Goto definition/declaration, switch between .h and .cpp file
> > 6.) coloured compiler output
> > 7.) man page access via browser page
> > 8.) functionality of KDevelop splitted in shared libraries
> > 9.) sounds for KDevelop events (system notification)
> > 10.) several bugfixes

Ok, being a native english speaker, how about the following...

1)  The user interface has been completely rewritten. It's now MDI based
utilising the QT/KDE extension library QextMDI-2.0. Three modes are
available: : Childframe, Tabpage, and Toplevel mode.
2)  Project session handling support has been overhauled.
3)  We now use the print system provided by KDE-2.2.
4)  The setup wizard has been re-written (note: to include what features?)
5)  We have added a ctags based search dialog which enables 'Goto
Definition/Declaration' functionality. This provides a convenient way to
switch between .h and .cpp files.
6)  We now support coloured compiler output.
7)  Access to the 'man' pages is now available using our browser page.
8)  KDevelop has become more modular, with functionality split into shared
libraries.
9)  Support has been added for systems event notification.
10) Numerous bug fixes (see log).

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«