New splashscreen for KDevelop

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Mon Jan 29 20:54:26 UTC 2001

FireFoX Of XxX wrote:

> Hi there :)
>
> I really like your IDE for KDE, I use it almost every day.
>
> I noticed you guys released new versions of KDevelop, but the splashscreens
> remained the same (on your webpage). So I decided to create a new
> splashscreen.
>
> I uploaded the files (M_KDevelop.bmp and M_KDevelop.jpg) in
> ftp://fara.cs.uni-potsdam.de/incoming/
>
> I hope you like (and use ;)) it. (let me know :))
>
> Anyways, thanks for KDevelop and keep up the good work!!
>
> - Michel Stol

Ok, Michel. We´ve discussed that and like the logo a lot. Except some
guys on IRC said that the eye was a bit out of place because you would
expect that from a graphics application such as photoshop. As we
currently have Ralph Kocher painting a new logo for 1.4, we will
schedule this for the next version. Is that OK with you ?

Ralf
--
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org