that mysterious GUI-blocking bug

John Birch jbb at kdevelop.org
Fri Jan 5 20:52:46 UTC 2001

Hi,

It's definately a problem all right. However, it seems to be slightly
different than the kde1 problem.

kde1 - sometimes the system would "run like treacle - cold treacle". Needed
to exit kdevelop and restart to get rid of it, but it would reappear...
kde2 - the gui blocks for several seconds and then is fine until the next
"block". It seems to be random.

If (when) it happens again I'll try to catch it in an strace.

This is a totally unscientific report which may not prove correct in the long
run.

jbb