kate part

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Thu Dec 20 16:04:04 UTC 2001

On Wednesday 19 December 2001 10:15 pm, Richard Dale wrote:
> I agree that the interfaces in kdelibs/ktexteditor look more complete. The
> source files in kdevelop/keditor have names which end in '_iface.h' like
> undo_iface.h, which I find really ugly. The ones in kdelibs end in
> '..interface.h' with no underscore.

> Why don't they use slots/signals, along with Qt runtime metadata to
> discover which slots and signals an editor part implements? There are
> nearly 20 small brittle C++ interfaces in kdelibs/ktexteditor, and no use
> of the Qt dynamic runtime.
Sorry, my apologies.. I've now been looking at the sources in
lib/interfaces/keditor and there is all sorts of fancy stuff using the Qt
runtime. I had just been looking at the installed interface headers, where
none of that was visible. And the '.._iface.h' filenames were automatically
generated, so silly of me to complain about those header names.

-- Richard