kate part

Joseph Wenninger jowenn at bigfoot.com
Tue Dec 18 23:52:02 UTC 2001

Hi

> This following one works but maybe the designer (Christoph?) had an other
> solution in mind?
>
> KTextEditor::EditInterface* edit = dynamic_cast
> <KTextEditor::EditInterface*> (doc);
>
> if(edit !=0){
>       // ok, edit interface available
> }

That's how Simon and Christoph planned it to work.

> BTW: the code completion interface isn't implemented at the moment or? If >
not, is it possible to add it before KDE3final? Otherwise we will end with >
a copy of kate in the KDevelop branch. :-(

There is a code completion interface implementend for the view, like it was in
your KTExteditor interface for the kwrite class. I don't know if it works
though, because I had no time writing a test example. It's a quick and dirty
port from the implementation, which can be found in gideon's kwrite.

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger