bug or feature ?

Eray Ozkural (exa) erayo at cs.bilkent.edu.tr
Tue Dec 18 00:53:05 UTC 2001

On Monday 17 December 2001 17:38, gigafalk at yahoo.com wrote:
> August Hörandl wrote:
> > using the newest kdevelop 2.1 from cvs:
> > set autoindent
> >
> > goto a line like
> >   public:
> > ^---------------------- cursor here
> > try to create some space for hacking by pressing return twice:
> > press return
> >
> > public:
> >   ^---------------------- cursor here
> > press return again
> >
> > you get:
> > pu
> > blic
> >
> > or try this:
> >     int foobar()
> >        ^---------------------- cursor here
> > pressing return you end in the middle of foobar
> >
> > i don't like this "feature" ;-)
>
> Indention is quite broken at the moment.
> Additionally, the Undo call is totally flickering now. It jumps to the
> end of file and back. Crazy.
> Exa, do you call a indention for every Undo step?

Hi Falk,

No I don't call indentation for every Undo step, I record indentation
properly (I think), and then it gets undo'd. The above things aren't really
the result of my code, but then again I'll check.

Let me try to come up with an explanation. I started improving the
indentation code because I wanted a better editor, but all that code goes to
kwrite.

August's problem is not related to my code. What options do you have turned
on? I noticed that "word wrap" is problematic. What I added to autoindent was
to make it aware of '{'. That's all. As you know Tab Indent is something
else, it means "press tab to indent line" a la emacs.

Now, if Roland's patch is going to be adapted for KDevelop 2.1 there is no
point in improving the indentation code in kwrite because it's going to be
dropped. I need more information on this subject.

Thanks¸

--
Eray Ozkural (exa) <erayo at cs.bilkent.edu.tr>