Feature idea

Sandy Meier smeier at kdevelop.org
Mon Dec 17 15:11:02 UTC 2001

On Monday, 17. December 2001 15:01, you wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, F at lk Brettschneider wrote:
> > > Are there plans for
> > >
> > > 1) Replace in files (I really miss that one!)?
> >
> > No.
>
> Is this hard to implement. Or is there another easy way of doing such
> things? Every time I want to change a function name in every file of a
> project, it's a mess. So I'm considering doing it myself if it's fairly
> easy.
With this example you don't want to replace just only some simple strings.
The changes should be semantic correct, maybe this function exists with the
same name in different namespaces.... Some IDE's call this features
"refactoring" for instance "AnyJ".

Simple string replacement shouldn't be to hard to implement. Just parse all
files (maybe with filters?) and changed it. But don't forget the current
opened files in the editor. :-)

Ciao!
Sandy