Beta1 tagged

F@lk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 10 09:38:03 UTC 2001

Roland Krause wrote:

> Afaik the KDE_2_2_BRANCH of KDevelop was supposed to be released with
> KDE-3.
>
> The KDE_2_2_BRANCH is officially a "zombie" branch, there are still
> many bugfixes and even some new features.
>
> I'd suggest releasing it one more time and then forking it into a sf
> account and locking it up.
>
> Roland
>
> --- ian reinhart geiser <geiseri at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Sunday 09 December 2001 10:31 am, gigafalk at yahoo.com wrote about
> > Re: Beta1
> > tagged:
> > > Why didn't you tag KDevelop-2.1 with KDE_3_0_BETA_1??!!
> > > I thought it is still part of KDE.
> >
> > i was under the impression that this branch was dead?  Has KDevelop
> > officially forked now?  If so we should make this official, as not to
> > confuse
> > anyone in the user community.  I  thought we agreed on this at the
> > meeting,
> > but I could be wrong.
You know, many work has been done to port it to KDE3 with the aim to
provide a stable IDE for KDE3 as long as Gideon is not ready. This was
wanted/accepted by the KDevelop team and AFAIK also by leading gurus of
KDE. I wonder why it is suddenly unclear.

Currently, the KDE_2_2_BRANCH is source-compatible with Qt2 and Qt3.
Just use different admin dirs.

Cheers,
F at lk