New indentation code in KDevelop 2

August Hörandl august.hoerandl at gmx.at
Sat Dec 8 17:52:03 UTC 2001

"Eray Ozkural (exa)" wrote:

> On Saturday 08 December 2001 12:29, August Hörandl wrote:
> > "Eray Ozkural (exa)" wrote:
> > > This was one of the things that held me back from using kdevelop instead
> > > of emacs. Hope the emacs fans like the new autoindent code.
> >
> > the only better thing would be a k(x)emacs editor part ;-)
> >

> Yes, I realized that when I was midway. With the new interfaces it shouldn't
> be that difficult to embed emacs and then communicate using gnuclient (though
> I have no idea how gnuclient is used)

i don't think gnuclient ist the right thing, it uses xemacs in another
window

mybe it should be more like http://www.cs.indiana.edu/elisp/gui-xemacs/

> The code is duplicate, because the part that's really duplicate is small, so
> it didn't make much difference.
>
> >    if (textLine->getChar(textLine->lastChar())=='}') // closing brace
> >      indentPos -= indentLength;
> >

> I did only the open brace, but yes, closed brace might be done too. I've got
> to think how that could be done.
>
> That should be firstChar() rather than lastChar() it seems.
>
> Emacs seems to match all braces, parentheses first btw. I don't. So, I have
> to do some dirt.

in emacs that stuff is some 100 lines, and they have functions like

i wrote xemacs indent for a language called chill (a pascal/modula
language -
http://elina.htlw16.ac.at/~hoerandl/chill.html) and i needed almost 200
lines
of lisp code

> >   btw: why is that lastchar() ? what about
>
> I was being cheap. Really, can't implement an incremental parser in kdevelop.
>
> >   { int x;
> >     code;
> >

> Arrgh. Tried that, even xemacs does nothing about it. You'll have to hit
> enter from time to time :)

my xemacs indents the second line !?

Gustl

August Hörandl                        august.hoerandl at gmx.at
OSOpinion: Where do I waNT to go today? Not there!