KDevelop-2.0

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Fri Aug 31 07:21:23 UTC 2001

On Freitag, 31. August 2001 06:59, Jarl E. Gjessing wrote:

> Have you stopped developing on KDevelop-2.0?
Yes, KDevelop 2.0 is in maintenance mode which means we will only provide
bugfixes for critical bugs where necessary until we can release 3.0. That was
announced this spring by importing the new project tree into CVS already and
thus a clear planning road for the next year to the public. Maybe a quick
port to KDE 3 will be done in case it isn't too much work and it shows that
the customers depend on 2.0 even with KDE 3 based on Qt 3, but it is
currently unlikely.

> If so I'm very sad. We who are working on yaEDA are more satisfied with
> KDevelop-2.0 than 3.0.
> the interface is none less than engeniuos, and an general it is fantastic
> to work with.
Yes, I agree with you that 2.0 is good. But 3.0 is currently in development
and will give everyone the same functionality in a better codebase than 2.0
is and will allow everyone to extend the code easier than 2.0 is. The 3.0
codebase will be the next KDevelop codebase for the following years.

> We are also afraid that KDevelop-2.0 will not be able to work with QT-3.0's
> way to generate ui.h files.
KDevelop 2.0 is supposed to work with Qt 3, where is your exact problem so we
can help you ?

Ralf

> Thanks in advance
> Jarl E. Gjessing
>
> -
> kdevelop-devel-request at kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe
> »your-email-address«

Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«