QDock* stuff (was: Re: A final word and what to do now)

F@lk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 10 15:02:42 UTC 2001

Simon Hausmann wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 10, 2001 at 04:26:29PM +0200, F at lk Brettschneider wrote:
> > Simon Hausmann wrote:
> > >
> > > What's the exact problem with tabbing and QDockWidget/QDockArea?
> > To dock centered (which means to create a tab page) is not supported by
> > QDockWidget in any way.
>
> I'm not sure I understand that... Can you elaborate? :)
I didn't see a chance to pick up a Qt dock widget panel with the mouse,
drag it to the center of another Qt dockwidget, drop it there and they
rearrange themselves to 2 tab pages in a tab view. Just as we used to
from KDockWidget.

The same procedure can be called by software using
dockWdg->manualDock(anotherDockWdg, ..., KDockWidget::Center).
It's the base mechanism for tabbing the tool-views in KDevelop-2.0 and
for tabbing the source-file-views in the TabPage MDI mode of QextMDI.

I don't see a way to rewrite that behaviour by using the QDock* classes.

Ciao,
F at lk