Gideon

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 10 14:31:51 UTC 2001

Hello,
--- Ralf Nolden <nolden at kde.org> wrote:
> On Friday, 10. August 2001 11:12, you wrote:
> > On Friday, 10. August 2001 01:49, you wrote:
> Ok, that's fine with me as well. Whatever, after the switch to Qt 3,
> what is
> then ? Is Roland taking care of porting the bits that change in the
> API from
> KDevelop 2 over ?

Yes, this is supposed to be a minor switch over this time. If the KDE
project goes again to change their entire API, I will switch to gnome
for good and will never be seen here again :-) And I am only half way
kidding.

> > An other topic: As you already know KDE will switch to the qt3 in
> some
> > weeks (and will be incompatible with KDE2.2) I think we should
> stick on
> > KDE2.2 for awhile. This will avoid much trouble for us and the
> users who
> > want to install it.

Make it run with both. #ifdefs are your friends in this case, they can
be taken out once KDE-3 goes into beta. We will need beta testers for
gideon, we will need many beta testers, so dont make it too hard to get
and test it.

Roland

=====
--
Roland Krause
In the garage of life there are mechanics and