Gideon

Harald Fernengel harry at bnro.de
Fri Aug 10 11:41:01 UTC 2001

Hi,

> KDElibs are stable. They are supposed to be moved to Qt 3 in 3 weeks, the
> last days even Qt 3 by rsync doesn't show any changes, so Qt 3 is stable as
> well (which is why we're moving KDE to that anyway).

Errrrrmmmmm.... rsync doesn't show any changes because we're doing some
rewrites and stopped the Qt snapshots therefore. They'll be online again next
week.

But I agree, Qt3's API should be pretty much frozen now (I'll only break it
twice for the next Beta :)), so there won't be any unpleasant surprises.

Can we agree on a common codebase for the time between KDE2 and KDE3? Make
sure that it does compile with Qt3 but don't use any of its features yet?
Since the API's haven't changed that much and we still have a lot of basics
to finish for Gideon that shouldn't be too hard to maintain. As soon as we
have to use a lot of #ifdef's to keep compatibility with Qt2 we should do the
switch-over to Qt3.

Harry

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«