A final word (was:Re: What's up and what's hot)

Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel mhk at caldera.de
Fri Aug 10 10:02:48 UTC 2001

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Ralf Nolden wrote:

> On Friday, 10. August 2001 11:37, you wrote:
>
> > Improving kate is not easy and if you want all features that emacs already
> > had you will spend years on the implementation. Nevertheless we already
> > extended kwrite/kate with some code hint functions (argHint,Code completion
> > box). I hope we will merge it with the official version in some months.
> I have one question regarding kate: how can we make KDevelop independent on
> the requirement to install kdebase then ? I think that's the critical point
> about kate. Is there a way that the kate stuff can be handled without
> requiring kdebase ?

Yes, Ralf, that is easy. Kate provides just a plugin. All we
have to do is to move the editor interfaces to kdelibs, so
they can be used by kdevelop and by kate. That
is the place where it belongs to, anyway, eventually. I think
we should move it to kdelibs when it seems to be stable
enough, which at the moment, it isn't, if you ask me :)

Bye,
Matthias.

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«