Falk, please (was:Re: branch for kdevelop)

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Thu Aug 9 10:30:11 UTC 2001

On Thursday, 9. August 2001 12:16, you wrote:
> On Thursday 09 August 2001 11:23 am, you wrote:
> > There will be no time gap. KDE 3 will ship in spring. I will spend to
> > entire month, if not 3 to 4, on KDevelop 3.0. By september, holidays will
> > be over for the other students as well and we _will_ be ready by spring
> > next year. You underestimate the current state of HEAD because it lacks
> > the usability parts that I'm supposed to do.
>
> So, I suppose it would be OK right now to port stuff from kdevelop 2 where
> required.
yes, please. Try to port stuff that can be a component as a kdevelop part, so
they can be independently handled. That applies for example for the dialogs
to add signals and slots over the classbrowser; that should be modularized so
the commands can be plugged into the rmb menu according to the project's type
(you don't want Qt/KDE menu stuff in a pure C or C++ project as it confuses
the user, a shortcoming in 2.0 also that I mentioned earlier).

I'd also like to ask people to say here where _exactly_ (not the sourceline,
but generally) which part they are working on so we get an overview who's
doing what. That worked well with KDevelop 1.x where everyone knew, for
example, I can turn to Sandy if I want to add stuff there or to Bernd if I
want to change things there or optimise his stuff there. That is necessary
because your changes affect other people's code where he could have something
not commited yet or he has done it already or he has other hints that may be
helpful for you to shorten the time you need to do what you want.

Other than that, feel free to pick a part where you want to start with. I
will have a look at the user interface and the handling that we discussed
about a month (or two) ago on how to make that easier. The first kdevelop
part I want to do is an automake/autoconf part and a qmake integration. If
someone is interested in helping there with ideas for these parts, feel free
to mail here (so others can give suggestions as well).

Thanks,

Ralf

> Regards,
>
> --
> Eray Ozkural (exa) <erayo at cs.bilkent.edu.tr>
> Comp. Sci. Dept., Bilkent University, Ankara
> www: http://www.cs.bilkent.edu.tr/~erayo
> GPG public key fingerprint: 360C 852F 88B0 A745 F31B  EA0F 7C07 AE16 874D
> 539C
>

> -
> kdevelop-devel-request at kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe
> »your-email-address«

Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org

The K Desktop Environment	The KDevelop Project
http://www.kde.org		http://www.kdevelop.org

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«