Patch for KWrite scrolling (kdevelop 2.0)

Jens Zurheide jens.zurheide at gmx.de
Mon Apr 30 22:08:52 UTC 2001

Hi developers,

The vertical scrolling of the kwrite widget sometimes looks rather strange.
This is due to several scrolling events without a repaint of the widget. The
attached patch disables vertical scrolling temporarily until the widget is
repainted again.

I haven't checked it but the idea of the patch might be interesting for kate
as well.

Regards,
Jens

PS: What is happening to the KDevelop-2.0 branch? I have the feeling that it
gets worse each day (no offense intended). Hopefully, this is a short time
between two good releases and I know: this is beta or even alpha software.
However, some things I have noticed with my CVS-version from Saturday (so
maybe some problems are already solved):
- On startup when restoring the last project the main-window is not displayed
in maximized mode but the window icons are already inserted into the menu
bar. Resizing the window resizes the window to full size, but does not embed
it correctly into the frame. It is still floating in the workspace.
- Ctrl-W and File|Close do not close edit-files.
- Closing two files by pressing onto the close icons (of the MDI-framework)
does work for the first file but not for the second. You have to activate a
different file first.
- I don't know how to trigger this bug, but sometimes there is the message
box displayed indicating that the file was changed outside the editor, which
is definitely not correct.
- If the file was change outside the editor the messagebox is only displayed
correctly if you click onto the classtree. It would be interesting to check
the filedate/-time on a focus-in/enter-widget event (or how it is called).
- Sometimes (don't remember if it was via the class-tree) the document title
in the window-bar is not updated unless you click into the edit window.
- The stack frame is displayed or not during debugging. I haven't found out
how this bug works.
- The Variables window disappears (class view is displayed instead) after
each step with the debugger
- The Variables window can be dragged from the class-view to the messages
block which is nice but it screws up everything especially if the classview
window is on icons-only mode (I think that the problem might be related to
the icons). Draggin one of the windows like stack frame to the classviewer
leads to problems as well.
- After loading a project that leads to compilation errors and starting
compiling immediately displays errors in the message window. Clicking into
the message window does not display the cursor in the edit window at the
corresponding location. It does not display the cursor at all. You have to
click into the editor somewhere first and then it will work.
- "Run to cursor" does not work in debugging mode
Well, there are some things to do, maybe I have time to fix some of them if
you aren't faster :-)