KDevelop editor interfaces - ups

Cullmann Christoph crossfire at babylon2k.de
Sat Apr 28 13:41:48 UTC 2001

Am Samstag, 28. April 2001 15:28 schrieben Sie:
> > It's all there, tested and functional, "better a good copy than a bad
> > original
>
> No, it's neither of these. It complete ignores and circumvents
> kparts, it breaks gui merging and part activation. In the editor
> section, it has kwrite hardcoded all over the place. In the
> documentation section it breaks the browser history. On the
> ui side, it takes so much screen estate that it is unusable on
> an ordinary monitor (and I'm not even mentioning imacs or
> laptops), and it doesn't conveniently support viewing several
> views of the same document.
Please don'T create a new manager which switches the GUI (toolbars, menu
....) for each editor part (I mean for each doc/view-part embedded) if the
user switches between several say C++ files. If you create such a kind of
manager it won'T be usable on any << 1000MHz machine anymore. (like on my
400er for example KWord in splittscreenmode where it changes the gui if I
switch the view :(((

cu
Christoph

--

| |   / /               - get an edge in editing -
| |/ /      a fast and capable multiple document,
|     \     multiple view text editor for KDE
| |\  \     cullmann at kde.org
| |  \  \   http://devel-home.kde.org/~kate

-