KDevelop editor interfaces - ups

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 27 14:57:13 UTC 2001

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Cornelius Schumachery wrote:
> > So what does the guy love about nedit? Is it the keybindings, window
> > management, or some lisp scripting environment or whatever? What would be
> > the minimum to make him happy - would adding nedit keybindings to Kate be
> > sufficient?
>
> I'm the guy using nedit and I can say that it certainly isn't because of the
> key bindings. I switched to nedit a couple of years ago because I liked the
> nice rectangular selection mechanism, the clean and efficient user interface
> and the syntax highlighting for Verilog. But it is more than individual
> features, why I like nedit, it's also because I'm used to it and it is hard
> to break old habits :-).
>
> By adding a nedit part to the editor framework of Matthias I suddenly was
> able to use the kdevelop class browser with my favourite editor. I didn't
> have to change any of my personal preferences, just got an additional
> benefit. That's the great thing about a powerful component technology.
Huh... Well, we'll convert you in the end (and break your habits), it is only a
matter of time I feel, ...you will be assimulated :-). You can simply define
Verilog syntax highlighting for kwrite in XML now, I can't see implementing
rectangular text selection being a problem in kwrite/kate too, and all well
written standard KDE apps should already have clean efficient interfaces...

-- Richard

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«