Fwd: Re: KDevelop editor interfaces

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Mon Apr 23 13:31:20 UTC 2001

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Joseph Wenninger wrote:
> I don't see kate as an oponent to kdevelop, it has different goals.
>
> 1) Why should someone need a complete, large IDE just to edit eg one C file ?

You don't. KDevelop is hyper-modular. You can configure what you need
on a per-part basis. We could even introduce a command line switch
'-kate' that circumvents the trader and part selection stuff and loads
a UI that looks, feels and smells like kate!

> Help is always welcome.
>
> Why don't we sit all together (kdevelop, quanta, kate, .....) on IRC to
> discuss an generic extended text editor interface ?

Why not :-)

Bernd.

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«