editwidget and ckdevelop

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 20 21:19:22 UTC 2001

John,

--- John Birch <jbb at kdevelop.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I suspect that you want the cproject so that you can goto the
> decl/defn?

Yes, exactly. There is a method that is called upon mouseclick from
where I would like to provide some "enhanced goto" functionality.
Here is what I would like to do:

There should be three tags related "Goto" possibilities:

1 Open File
2 Goto Definition
3 Goto Declaration

Depending on the string that the cursor was in, these would be enabled
or disabled. For example: if the cursor is on a string that is marked
as a filename in the tags file, then "Open File" shall be enabled,
otherwise it shall be disabled. If the string is found in the tags file
and it is marked as a method of a class and both definition and
declaration are available, then these items are enabled otherwise
disabled.  Goto Definition could be a fallback. If the tag is found
multiple times a ctag dialog (similar to the grep result dialog) will
let the user choose one possiblity.

Upon RMC there should be these possibilities available then but for
this to work I do need direct access to the CTags DataBase directly.

It still may turn out, that the search is too slow to be performed
every time the user does a mouse click, then I could by default enable
all three options and use the approach you described to call a
CKDevelop slot.

Let's see.
Roland

=====
--
Roland Krause
In the garage of life there are mechanics and