Getting started with jdb support

Oliver Strutynski olistrut at gmx.net
Wed Apr 18 20:25:58 UTC 2001

On Wednesday 18 April 2001 16:27, Richard Dale wrote:
> Today I've been removing any gdb specific stuff, and converting any
> gdb commands I find to jdb format. I'm about to check it in now.
>
> If you're analyzing what needs to be done for each individual command in
> detail, I don't think we're duplicating effort.

I updated from CVS right after you checked in the JavaDebugger directory but
replaced the some files with my own copies. Problem is I had to change the
way the parsing happens inside jdbcontroller so I don't think it is too
useful if we both start working on this.

I have some working code to display locals (only primitive type at the
moment) in the variable widget and some more to come for local objects and
this data.

I don't think we need to hurry with the java debugger integration so I
suggest I continue with my local copy for perhaps another week (I won't be at
home over the weekend) and then I can contribute the code in a state that
makes it possible to work on it together, so that we don't duplicate any
effort.

Hope that's okay

Oliver

 Oliver Strutynski                      oliver.strutynski at cs.tum.edu