Getting started with jdb support - getting the main prog from gideonprj

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 18 15:31:52 UTC 2001

The jdbcontroller uses the the mainprogram attribute to get the name of the main
java class. I had to hand code a suitable 'gideonprj' file to define that,
see below.

I don't think KDevelop changes its current directory, when you open a
project, so I had problems with classes in '.' not being picked up by jdb from
the class path correctly.

-- Richard

QString AutoProjectPart::mainProgram()
{
    QDomDocument &doc = *document();

    return DomUtil::readEntry(doc, "/kdevautoproject/general/mainprogram");
}

<!DOCTYPE gideon ><gideon>
 <general>
  <projectmanagement>KDevAutoProject</projectmanagement>
  <primarylanguage>Java</primarylanguage>
  </general>
 <kdevautoproject>
  <general>
   <mainprogram>ScribbleWindow</mainprogram>
  </general>
  <make>
   <abortonerror>false</abortonerror>
   <numberofjobs>1</numberofjobs>