KDialogBase

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 13 20:56:15 UTC 2001

Sorry about the whining - but the problem is that think KDevelop 2.0 can only be
used in 'MDI' mode at the moment. As far as I could see, nobody had been
testing it in any other mode. I don't know what we all mean by MDI, but what I
don't wan't is a window manager within a window manager. Where the little
windows don't look anything like the big ones.

If it can be configured under preferences, so I don't see it ever, that's fine
by me. But that's not how it is at the moment, and until I see KDevelop 2.0
with a cleaner UI, I don't think we should rush into adding UI gizmos into
KDevelop 3.0. I think things like scripting, multiple language support are more
important, and progress on those things will get held up if there are heriocally
complicated efforts going on the support five UI paradigms at once or whatever.

-- Richard