Kdevelop-2.0: Make command

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Thu Apr 12 17:50:56 UTC 2001

Roland Krause wrote:

> I was toying around with the idea to move the "Make-Command selection"
> from Options->Kdevelop Setup->General to Project->Options->Make Options
> where I think it belongs.
>
> Now I realize that there was a reason to put it where it is, namely
> that some systems (BSD?) seem to have competing make and gmake programs
> installed.
>
> Nevertheless I think that the selection of the make command is an
> option that should be set on a "per project" basis. This is especially
> useful for custom projects (e.g. for my own where make is replaced by a
> "build" shell script).
>
> I have the code for this working locally, just wanted to ask whether to
> do this is a good idea ?

Hm. Independent of the fact that wether it works or not, in terms of
usability I would like to have it stay at the same place. Putting it in
a per-project location makes it very hard to set up the environment for
the user. Usually in 95% of all cases for all users you only need to set
this once and you're done; that's the reason to set it generally in the
kdevelop options. Also, the current settings are documented and there's
enough changes that aren't in sync anymore. Please leave things there.

About the enabling/disabling of the widgets, I would like to have the
buttons stay and en/disable the complete set of widgets (the treeviews
and the outputviews).

Ralf
--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org