CodeCompletion problems [Fwd: KDEStudio]

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 11 21:48:22 UTC 2001

> 1.) For instance you use C++ comments in C code:
> gcc -I. -I. -I../../.. -I/opt/kde2-cvs/include -I/usr/lib/qt2/include
> -I/usr/X11R6/include -g -ansi -W -Wall -pedantic -Wshadow
> -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -D_XOPEN_SOURCE
> -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wp,-MD,.deps/entry.pp -c entry.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o
> .libs/entry.o
> In file included from entry.h:6,
>                  from entry.c:4:
> ctags.h:6: parse error before `/'
> 2.) Some functions are declared but not implemented:
> parser/get.c:line358: setSourceFileName(..)
> parser/get.c:line359: setSourceFileLine(..)
> 3.) uint is unknown to gcc of SuSE-7.0 when compiling .c files. - should
> be unsigned int.
> and some other things...
I've had no compile problems at all with SuSE 6.4 powerpc edition.

> Well, I fixed the errors here locally. And the result is:
> 1.) The KDEStudio accelarator Alt+P is used for main menu item
> "Project". That's why codecompletion can't be called by Alt+P.
That is a Kompany/KDEStudio problem, not a problem for KDevelop. It doesn't work
with my copy either.

> Calling
> codecompletion by context menu at the right-hand side at "qApp->" only
> shows the hour glass for 1 second here, then nothings happens next.
What compile command is it generated for the code completion - is it one which
works? If the current source file compilation fails with something other than
the deliberate error which is supposed to make the compile fail, to extract
the classname, then nothing much will happen. Have you read my bug report about
right click moving the cursor - is that what is happening for you?

Can KDevelop have multiple class stores - as far as I can remember it can? If so
when the .ii file for the current source file is parsed, a dedicated class
store can be used to load the code completion widget with the target class
(not a KCompletionObject, but more like the class tool I think). Once the code
completion is finished the class store can then be discarded.

-- Richard

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«