2.0 issues

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Wed Apr 11 23:33:49 UTC 2001

John Birch wrote:

> I'm just reusing the 2.0 issue subject line for ... Printing
>
> The easiest way is to drop the kdevelop print lib and just use the kwrite
> print() method instead. This uses the QPrinter (easily changed to KPrinter)
> code so it's "guarenteeed" to work. BUT this will only print the _current_
> editor file. How would people feel if we dropped the file selection stuff and
> just printed the current file?

Hm :-) as it's 1:30 am and I'm deadly tired again, my first thought was:
"Hell, they have MDI now, it shouldn't be too hard to change the focus
to another window and press the print button again !!" :-))

Is there a chance to do a small file-selection dialog beforehand and
feed the print() method of a kwrite instance with the filenames ? Or
method and call print () ?

Ralf
--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org