KDevelop 3.0 gdb/jdb integration

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Mon Apr 9 13:13:34 UTC 2001

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Richard Dale wrote:

> On Mon, 09 Apr 2001, Bernd wrote:
> > On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> > > The other top-priority is the
> > > gdb/jdb integration which we should handle within the next 2 month to
> > > the max. of 4 month if possible.
> >
> > Hmm, I would estimate 2 to 4 days :-) Unless there are
> > any step-on mines that I'm missing.
> Only whether or not to use the new JDK 1.3 debug architecture (I haven't got 1.3
> on my machine). But it makes sense to do gdb first, so that the code can be
> copied/subclassed for use in the jdb debugger version.

Well, I only referred to the gdb frontend with my estimate :-)
I've found the debugger frontend to be really one of the most
well-written subsystems in 1.x, in particular considering the
inherent asynchronicity in the communication mechanism. In
principle, there is an abstract layer DbgController which
could be subclassed to adjust to a different debugger. What
is not yet worked out is an abstract parser interface.

Bernd.

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«