Java and Objective-C support for KDevelop 3.0 (gideon), initial checkin

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 6 11:15:42 UTC 2001

Here is my comment in the Change Log:

"Added Java and Objective-C class browsing, and Java KDE project template and
automake support (ie the _JAVA primary). Fixed bug in class browser where a
method''s arguments were not being displayed (was that a bug or a feature?).
Clicking on a class''s instance variables in the class browser now works and
takes you to the source file."

You can create a Java project with the Java KDE template, and it will compile
and run, looking identical to the C++ version. I got KParts loading from KDE
Java yesterday, which I'm really pleased about. To get the Java project to work
you will need to check out the current 'kdebindings' module from the CVS.

I've been using 'gideon' this last week to edit itself this week - I haven't
lost any edits and it didn't crash (apart from my own code additions of
course!). So it is at the 'dog food stage' for me - useful as it stands.

-- Richard

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«