maybe this could be a compromise

Christian Couder Christian.Couder at fr.alcove.com
Mon Apr 2 07:18:33 UTC 2001

On Sun, Apr 01, 2001 at 08:49:59PM -0700, Roland Krause wrote:
> --- Christian Couder <chcouder at club-internet.fr> wrote:
> > Hi Roland,
> >
> > I agree with you that it's better to check for NULL pointer as much
> > as
> > possible.
> > But please try as much as possible to put the checks in the
> > DocViewManager class, not in the bloated CKDevelop class that I tryed
> > clean up...
>
> Yes, your are of course right. I have seen that Falk and you have done
> a real nice job of straightening things out. I believe with Falks
> latest changes that the problem is now solved.

Ok, thanks for your kind words.

> > By the way do you have a cvs write account now ? If not you should
> > get
> > one so that you can commit your changes yourself.
>
> Yes, aehem, I need to find a way to encrypt a password :-) thats where
> it hangs still. Allright I will get that done now.

You can use Perl like this:

~ > perl -e 'print crypt("password", "th") . "\n";'
thN7T8yCzgGy6

(See the crypt function in any perl documentation.)

Or you can try a 'man crypt'. On Solaris there is perhaps a Shell
crypt command.

On Linux you can make a small C program with an #include <crypt.h> or
something like that.

Bye,
Christian.

-