[Fwd: A new IDE for a new milleneum :-)]

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 2 04:15:21 UTC 2001

--- Ralf Nolden <nolden at kde.org> wrote:
> Christian Couder wrote:

> from the
>
> Whatever everyone's point is - the salomonic result is that Bernd's
> stuff *works*. Listen, *WORKS*. We can get other people to work on
> that.

KDevelop2 also works. It works actually quite nicely. I've shown it to
many people that are used to VC++ and they are all very impressed.
I've tried gideon, it has some nice features is much cleaner in source
code organization, much smaller in code size. But is has a lot less
features and a somewhat outdated interface concept.

The future will show how much time can and will be invested in which
codebase. A code split, or a completely new project ("gideon") maybe
one valid solution.

Personally, as a 95% user and 5% developer I'll stick with Kdevelop-2
for a while.

Roland

=====
--
Roland Krause
In the garage of life there are mechanics and