Startup crashing

Ralf Funken rfunken at kdevelop.de
Mon Sep 25 16:18:38 UTC 2000

Hi,

this is really annoying. The problem seems to the same in all cases. I
compared the output started as root and as user and it looks like the
'services' aren't registered correct. For me it was the editor component
which caused the assertion. This time it is grep. I made a whole new account
completely with the KDE 2 skeleton and the error's gone. But now I have the
same problem with other programs that worked well before (e.g. freeamp). It
always works fine as root but not for users. I checked the access right for
the programs and paths but everything is readable (rx for dirs) so I don't
know why the components aren't found. Is there any way to see if the problem
is related to kdevelop or not?

Ralf

--
Ralf Funken

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

Email: RFunken at kdevelop.de
PGP KeyID 0x06A3652D
Key fingerprint = A3 42 AC 8C 9A 54 6E DF  3F 2C 9E AB 10 2F 9E 3D