beautifying code

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 20 09:56:12 UTC 2000

Simon Hausmann wrote:

> > > Regarding the variable names and the braces there are no rules. However
> > > most (all?) agreed on using the foo()/setFoo() style for methods in
> > > kdelibs where appropriate, for consistency with qt.
> > Uhmm...nice to meet you Simon. :-)
>
> Hiya ;-)
>
> > I found the time to try the KPart::GUIActivateEvent and it works now for
> > me locally. Thanks for your hint. But one thing is not clear to me...
> > why is there an activate and a deactivate state? At the moment I
> > sendEvent that activating thingy to inform my partial GUI that actions
> > must be dynamically adapted.
>
> Well, a GUI can be active or not active. Just like a widget can be
> shown or hidden. For a QWidget you get a Show/Hide event, and for the GUI
> you get an activation event with a bool as argument, indicating whether
> the GUI is activated or deactivated.
Alles klar.

> Where exactly do you need an event/notification for updating you GUI?
Whenever a view is added I must update the "Window" menu. That means to
add a new action to my dynamical action list, call plugActionList and to
reassign that list to the GUI (like defined in the XML file).
Such an reassign of the KParts GUI is triggered by the
GUIActivateEvent...as far as I understood you right.

> Perhaps you might want to introduce your own new event?
All in all I just want to say to the KPart::DockMainWindow that there
are new actions which must be plugged in (and shown, of course)

> Or just
> use ActionLists or a whole GUIClient object?

Cheers,
  F at lk