getSubDir vs. getProjectDir

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sat Oct 28 10:07:56 UTC 2000

Bernd Gehrmann wrote:

> Actually, this is a convention which was established centuries
> before autoconf was invented ;-)

;-) well, yes, but we´re using autoconf ;-)
I could however add a check for a Makefile in the base dir and if there
is none, look for one in getProjectDir()+getSubDir(), the other solution
however was buggy. I worked on kdevelop within kdevelop, started it and
loaded an example program. Then I did make clean in that example program
and what actually happened was a make clean in my kdevelop tree so I had
to recompile everything...

Ralf
--
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org