KDevelop 1.3

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Mon Oct 23 10:56:13 UTC 2000

Falk Brettschneider wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to add QextMDI to the KDK package? I'm not sad if not (you
> needn't to do me a favour), but would help me to spread it around the world.
> :) The new version (1.0.0 ?) is not completely finished yet but is a KDE2
> library as well (if configured for KDE2-mode). You see the latest version in
> KDevelop-2.0pre...
>
> Cheers,
>   F at lk

Sorry to say that, but I think this is a bad idea. Users expect a stable
version, not beta software - which I consider QextMDI is although it
works. I tend more to let it be the way it is and let the users download
the stuff themselves (I wasn´t even very happy with the QextMDI template
itself as it was based on the library which was under development at
that time already); instead I would like to replace the docs for the KDE
1.x API with those for 2.0 including the KOffice and KDEbase libs.

Note that I don´t want to offend anyone but I consider QextMDI as
additional software for KDE/Qt development and you´re the maintainer for
that, so that doesn´t match anything official. As much as I know you´re
convinced of your library and that it works it´s not what counts to my
mind when it comes to official releases.

Ralf
--
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org