KDevelop 1.3

Christian Couder Christian.Couder at alcove.fr
Thu Oct 19 07:32:17 UTC 2000

Hi all,

My company sent me for 6 weeks to southern France to work in another
company there, so I cannot do anything for kdevelop until I come back.
(I am using mutt via ssh to send mail from my company.)

Anyway, I would prefer to call 1.3 the next release.

On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 07:27:28PM +0200, Sandy Meier wrote:
> On Son, 15 Okt 2000, you wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I´m currently rewriting the templates to finish stuff for a 1.3 release
> > to let the users make heavy use of QAction, KAction and designer. Qt
> > templates are ready, KDE templates still working on. Anyone has any idea
> > for a schedule ?
>
> a proposal:
>
> Friday 27.10 - final tarballs
> Weekend - testing and making binary packages
> Monday 30.10 - release

For 1.1 and 1.2, there used to be a beta release and a few weeks latter a stable release.
I think it was good because we had time to make sure everything was fine.

> I would like to call the next release KDevelop1.2.1 for various reasons.
>
> 1. we don't raise big expectations (I think many users will associate a 1.3
> release with a ported KDevelop version (KDE2) or a version with many new
> features)

The contrary could be true. When users see 1.2.1 they could think of it as just
a bug fix release.

> 2. we don't need a new splashscreen. :-)

If we make a beta release first, then we can have time to find someone willing to
make a 1.3 splashscreen.

I like very much the kdevelop splashscreens and it would be nice to have
another one to add to our collection :-) By the way, we should make a web page
with all the splashscreens if there isn't one. This way we could publicly thank
the splashscreen designers.

Bye,
Christian.