KDevelop 1.3

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Wed Oct 18 18:45:46 UTC 2000

Sandy Meier wrote:

> On Son, 15 Okt 2000, you wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I´m currently rewriting the templates to finish stuff for a 1.3 release
> > to let the users make heavy use of QAction, KAction and designer. Qt
> > templates are ready, KDE templates still working on. Anyone has any idea
> > for a schedule ?
>
> a proposal:
>
> Friday 27.10 - final tarballs
> Weekend - testing and making binary packages
> Monday 30.10 - release

I´m finished with the uic stuff as far as the templates are affected, I
also tested make dist for all templates and this works.
The qt ones contain a modified am_edit to get around the i18n stuff so
they work.

The only thing left to do is to convert the kde mdi template to use
KAction and the segfault it gets on closing the app. And I hope that
KMenuBar can be persuaded to change itself when a child window is
maximised. I will try to work on that tomorrow and sunday to monday, if
it doesn´t get ready, I still have next weekend left to do some work on
it, but I will ask for help if I realize my timeframe is too short to
find out a solution for everything.

> I would like to call the next release KDevelop1.2.1 for various reasons.
>
> 1. we don't raise big expectations (I think many users will associate a 1.3
> release with a ported KDevelop version (KDE2) or a version with many new
> features)
> 2. we don't need a new splashscreen. :-)
I thought about that as well ;-) I just have to edit the documentation
again as I already set this to 1.3 ;-) but 1.2.1 is a good idea anyway,
so I´m up with it.

Ralf
--
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org