KDevelop hang (possible libkdeui bug?)

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 1 22:05:42 UTC 2000

Hi,

Sandy Meier wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Sorry, due a mail server problem I coudn't read the whole "KDevelop
> hang" thread, so I don't know if the problem is fixed already. :-)
>
> Nevertheless I found some interesting things. After a complete recompile
> (kdelibs/kdevelop) KDevelop doesn't start on my machine as John already
> described. :-(
> I did checkout an older "libkdeui" version and with this version KDevelop2
> seems to work.
>
> libkdeui 27 Sept., KDevelop 1.Oct: - KDevelop works
>
> libkdeui: 28/29 Sept, KDevelop 1.Oct: - libkdeui doesn't compile (some
> kdockwidget problems)
>
> libkdeui 30 Sept.,KDevelop 1.Oct:  - KDevelop hangs

I got back to version of the kdelibs/kdeui/kdock* before the NO_KDE2 commit I did
(sticky to 27/09/2000, 20:00 CET) and KDevelop works again. So it's likely my fault.
:-) :-(
The problem is that I can't understand why my NO_KDE2 precompiler switches keep
KDevelop away from starting...
I am checking at the moment... But if someone can also take a look, I'm not bad about
it.

> Maybe someone have some time to fix it until the kdelibs freeze?

Every time a freeze comes when nothing works. :)

Bye,
  F at lk